“Battle of the Choirs”
Battle of the Choirs can be a night of friendly, competitive choir singing within your company or between companies in the same industry you operate in.
- Identify 30 – 75 of your employees who want to sing in a choir. Arrange these employees into two or three choirs of 10 – 25 people each.
- Each choir secretly chooses either 3 or 4 cover songs they want to sing.
- As with the “An Evening With Choir Nation” event, choirs are paired with a Canadian musician of their choosing.
- Each choir then rehearses their songs with a Choir Nation ‘Musical Director’. The number of songs and rehearsals per choir are flexible but we recommend 4 songs and 6 weeks of rehearsals per choir.
- After six weeks of rehearsals, the choirs perform a concert at a live music venue complete with professional sound and lighting. This concert is open to friends, families and co-workers of the participants. The client company is given all the tickets to the event to give out as they see fit.
- Three employees who aren’t in the choirs serve as judges of the competition, giving feedback throughout the evening. At the end of the night, one of the choirs is crowned ‘Choir Champions’ by the judges.
- Participating employees receive t-shirts, photos of the event, CDs of the musicians they perform with, and access to a professionally recorded, mixed, and edited video of the concert.